We all lead very busy lives and we can often feel like we have no time to do anything outside of the daily grind.
Do you want a simple way to change the way you think about planning your day?
Consider this: there are 24 hours in a day and each day can be easily broken down into 3 x 8 hour blocks. You spend (on average) a recommended 8 hours sleeping a day. You are likely to be spending 8 hours a day working, but what are you doing with the other 8 hours of the day?
Maybe it’s time to change your perspective…
Think about how you are currently spending those extra 8 hours in a day:
- Travelling to work?
- Getting dressed?
- Watching TV?
And now think about how you would like to be spending the 8 hours…
“OK” we hear you say… but I still have to travel to and from work, eat breakfast, eat dinner, get showered and dressed… So let’s take these out and see how much time you now have:
- Shower and get dressed/put make up on – 45 minutes
- Travel to and from work – 2 hours
- Eat breakfast – 30 minutes
- Prepare and eat dinner – 45 minutes
You now have 4 hours left. How are you going to spend them? Think about what matters to you:
- Unwind time – this is important after a busy day at work and you shouldn’t neglect your wellbeing. Take time to release the day’s stresses in whatever way works for you best – watching TV, reading a book, having a bath,
- Spending time with the people that are special to you
- Pursuing that hobby that you’ve always meant to take up
Don’t make things harder – be smarter!