We don’t know about you, but we love a feel good movie, especially when we’re feeling under the weather or a bit sad.
Here are our top ten personal favourite movies with a feel good factor:
- Overboard – one of our favourite “old school” movies, this comedy from the 80s that features Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell is a classic and one we can watch again and again!
- Mamma Mia – “Mamma Mia… how can I resist you!” Unashamedly cheesy, full of fun and laughter, this is a great movie – we defy you not to be smiling by the end of it! The beautiful Greek scenery is certainly easy on the eye too!
- The Blind Side – one of our all-time favourite movies, based on a true story this features Sandra Bullock at her best – the line where she says “Your threaten my son, you threaten me” gets us every time!
- Grease – another fantastic “old school” movie – who can resist John Travolta’ and Olivia Newton-John in this fab high school musical movie!
- Legally Blonde – two words: girl power! This movie has so many classic moments – we love when Elle teaches the “bend and snap” and when she nails it in court!
- Mary Poppins – we are very excited about the upcoming sequel to Mary Poppins starring Emily Blunt, but the original is a fabulous movie and guaranteed to get you feeling good! We could all use a little Mary Poppins to sort out our lives…
- Sister Act – Whoopi Goldberg is one of our favourite actresses and, in our mind, this is her at her best. Fun, funny and with some great music – what’s not to love?!
- Pitch Perfect – we’ll be honest, we love all three of the Pitch Perfect movies (please can then bring out another?!) so choosing one is hard! At a push, we’d say the first one – with a fab cast, this movie has it all
- 50 First Dates – a classic Adam Sandler comedy with Drew Barrymore – a fun, light-hearted love story
- Remember The Titans – based on a true story and with an all star cast, this movie about about black and white football players coming together through sport is a great feel good film – if you haven’t seen it yet, you should!