Adelaide is one of those cities that doesn’t always immediately feature on the top of people’s list as places to visit when you go to Australia, however it does have a lot to offer and is well worth a visit.
Check out a few of our top recommendations below for where to eat, drink, what to do and where to stay.
- The Moseley – this bar/pub/cafe in Glenelg is beautifully and stylishly decorated and has a lovely terrace near the water where you can easily wile away a few hours!
- A visit to Adelaide wouldn’t be complete without going to the famous Barossa Valley. Take a wine tour and sample some world famous wines which come from this region (Wolf Blass and Jacob’s Creek are just two you may have heard of!)
- Take the tram to Glenelg – this pretty suburb right by the sea features a small (but really nicely done) museum as well as numerous bars and cafés to enjoy a drink and bite to eat at whilst taking in the sea air and ambience.
- Visit the museums – two of our favourite are The Art Gallery of South Australia (which currently has a fantastic exhibition on The Impressionists” featuring stunning paintings from the Musée d’Orsay) and the Migration Museum which has some really interesting stories on immigration.
- The Intercontinental – this chain of hotels offers comfort and style – the rooms are a great size and the hotel is really conveniently located by the railway station.